I don’t think I’m too strict with my kids, but by modern standards many of the things I feel really strongly about are outdated. Some people would argue that I expect too much from my kids, or that I’m too tough with them too soon. I don’t expect miracles (kids are kids after all!) but… Read More Is My Parenting Outdated: Going Back To Basics
I’ve never really liked the idea of the naughty step. It’s always kind of seemed to me like banishing a child for having emotions. Sometimes, though, removal from a situation isn’t a bad lesson to learn; in the adult world certain behaviours will actually get you banished from places. Some behaviours will get you segregated… Read More Gentle Parenting: The Calm Down Corner
This last week has basically been an emotional rollercoaster of “Aww… where has my baby gone?” and “ARE YOU KIDDING ME, WHERE THE FUCK HAS MY BABY GONE???” On Thursday, Amelia did something that she has never done before, but not in a cute way. No. She took her defiance and stubbornness to the next level,… Read More Losing Control: Parenting Is Not A Power Struggle
You’ll have to excuse me today. I’ve just finished watching all 4 episodes of Little Boy Blue (seriously, if you haven’t seen it, you HAVE to) and I’m a bit emotional!
I didn’t know until recently that my style of parenting could mostly be described as ‘gentle parenting’. In fact it wasn’t until I read this from Gentle Parenting recently that I realised that I basically parent in this way 90% of the time. And the other 10% is just when I’m being a bitch/I’m too tired to… Read More Gentle Parenting: A Real Mama’s Guide