I suppose it’s fairly lucky that when it comes to my kids I don’t really have a filter. Does anyone?! After a pretty hilarious (erring on troubling) few days of trying to give my 3-year-old the answer to her above awkward question, I got to thinking about all the other awkward shit she has started to ask now her vocabulary is allowing her to literally vocalise her every thought. There are loads I could go into (as I ‘m sure you can imagine!) and maybe I will in the future. For now, I’ll focus on this one…

Awkward Shit My 3 Year old Aks

Why Is My Mini Always Wet?!

This one has caused a bit of strife in our household over the last 2 weeks. For a while I thought maybe Amelia wasn’t wiping herself properly after a wee, or was maybe getting lazy and having mini accidents. After talking to her in depth about it though, I soon realised that she was actually referring to a genuine feeling of moisture down there. Now I am anything but a prude, but seriously?! Maybe this post should have been called ‘Things I Thought I’d Never Say To My 3-Year-Old’ because I have uttered these words too many times for comfort in the last 2 weeks;

“Mummy’s mini is always a bit wet too”

Of course this has been followed up with incessant questioning on who else’s mini’s are wet, and to be totally fucking honest I don’t want to discuss the moisture of anyone’s mini, especially not my mums!

Awkward Shit My 3 Year Old Asks

Awkward Conversations

I’ve also had to speak to the staff at nursery about Amelia’s *ahem* discomfort, because she’s been adamant that she needs cream to combat the problem. this apparently makes total sense in her head, although how adding a lubricant to the issue is going to work is beyond me.

The problem is, the staff at nursery were concerned that she was feeling sore as she kept asking for cream. So I had to just go there and explain her rather embarrassing predicament! I can’t fault the staff – they found it as embarrassingly hilarious as I do which was a relief.

Asking For Advice

The most amazing thing about the staff at nursery is that they come from all walks of life, and have all kinds of experience that I just don’t have yet. Some of them are parents themselves, some older, some have heard it all before, and some are newly qualified with all that fresh training still at the forefront of their minds. So when I had to ask;

“Any ideas on how to explain to a 3-year-old that mini’s are kind of… well… meant to be a bit wet?!”

there was a bunch of ideas floating around straight away. After the initial giggling had subsided, between us we managed to agree on a plan of action.

Writing this now, it occurs to me that Amelia hasn’t actually complained of her apparent ailment for a couple of days now, so maybe something has started to sink in!

I’d love to hear from you guys on whether you’ve ever had to broach something like this before, or any other awkward shit for that matter! Also, any advice on future embarrassing conversations I should expect will be gladly accepted!!

Awkward Shit My 3 Year Old Asks: Why Is My Mini Wet?

22 thoughts on “Awkward Shit My 3 Year Old Asks: Why Is My Mini Wet?

• May 23, 2017 at 8:16 am

Hahaha I haven’t reached this stage yet, although I think he understands there is something dangly there at bath time because he’ll investigate it on occasion lol. Thanks for sharing with #StayClassyMama!

• May 23, 2017 at 8:18 am

Yeah I’m leaving that bit to Mr C when Wills gets there!! Haha x

• May 19, 2017 at 9:19 pm

hahaha! His tail! That’s the best one yet! One to note for a couple of years time with Wills then!! xx

• May 19, 2017 at 1:53 pm

BAHAHA! This made me laugh, the stuff that comes out of our mouths. I’ll tell you one day how a mans penis has become known as a ‘wobble’ in our house… but not on here 😉
    #coolmumclub

• May 19, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Well ok, *now* I am really intrigued!!! 😉 x

• May 19, 2017 at 11:38 am

Sorry I advice as I have boys. But I do think it is important to be open and honest and I do love the honesty kids show!!! Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

• May 19, 2017 at 11:40 am

Haha!!

• May 19, 2017 at 11:40 am

Yeah, I totally agree! I love that kids have no hang ups talking about pretty much whatever they like, and can only hope to retain that as she gets older xx

• May 19, 2017 at 7:43 am

HAHA I love this post!!! My four year old hasn’t really been around girls and adores his little winkle. Now his sister has made an apperance, he keeps saying she has only got a little willy (if she had one I wouldn’t call it little, more like microscopic, I can assure you there is no hint of anything that looks anything remotely willy like!). I said it’s not a willy its a….and realised I didn’t know what you call a girls bits for little uns. I went with Noo noo, but Aunty says it’s a front bum which is kind of cute!

• May 19, 2017 at 9:32 am

Oh bless that’s hilarious! There are so many different names I hear used haha, front bum is funny! Xx

• May 18, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Mine call it a foofie … that in itself is unusual where we are so whenever the utter that, there’s very little we can do to disguise the random questions usually uttered at an inapropriate time!
    kids!
    #ablogginggoodtime

• May 18, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Brilliant! Can’t say I’ve ever heard it called that either haha!!xx

• May 18, 2017 at 2:54 pm

One of the twins loudly asked at school the other day where my “weiner” was.
    Jesus.

#coolmumsclub

• May 18, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Oh my do I’m wetting myself at all the awkward comments I’m reading, this is bloody brilliantly! Your wiener!! 😂😂 xx

• May 18, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Don’t you just love the shit they come out with?? I have two girls, 8 and (nearly) 5. The youngest recently said to my Dad, “I have a hole in my vagina Dad-Dad.” He just replied, “OK” and swiftly left the room. Bloody hilarious.

• May 18, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Oh god he must have been inwardly mortified!! Hahahaha!! That’s brilliant! Xx

• May 18, 2017 at 2:10 pm

I was a single mum when Grace was 3 so had to answer many an awkward question. I found, as long as I didn’t make a big deal and was matter of fact about it, she was fine. I had to explain that ladies – when they grew up – bled every month! Well handled I think 🙂 #ablogginggoodtime

• May 18, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Yeah, I try to be as open as possible with Amelia too. She tends to understand most things when we talk about them (and also knows that grown up ladies bleed!) but this one has really got her in a tizz!xx

• May 18, 2017 at 11:36 am

Oh my goodness I am kind of laughing and mortified as I write this….noo-noos as we call them seem to cause all sorts of embarrassment, my daughter is convinced I have a willy in mine …I think only time can heal the awkward conversations around this! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub with this lovely xoxo
    Talya recently posted…It’s never too late for elders to get active with DW SportsMy Profile

• May 18, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Ahaha!! That’s made me feel so much better about our awkwardness!xx